PED-1030 Lifetime Fitness and Leisure Activities
Develops athletic abilities from beginner through intermediate skill levels; explores how to experience wellness and stay active throughout one’s life. Class also includes lectures and textbook information to help students stay healthier through the understanding of total wellness.
- Circuit Weight Training- a series of strength and aerobic exercises using various weight machines and stationary cycles
- Weight Training and Conditioning-weight training programs designed for the individual student
- Weight Training and Water Workout-a combination of weight training and water exercise
Sports: Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Golf, Karate, Racquetball and Tennis. Courses are designed to introduce beginner and intermediate students to the skills, theories, fundamentals, strategies, etiquette, and safety considerations of these activities.
Aerobic Base: Step Aerobics for beginning and intermediate students. Activities include other aerobic activities, muscle toning, use of hand weights, and nutritional information. Cardio Kickboxing, Aerobic Dance, and Cardio Fitness are classes with an emphasis on cardiorespiratory endurance.
Swimming: Beginner, intermediate, and advanced swimming classes are offered. Courses include instruction on strokes, skills, and water safety. Water exercise classes include water workout, aquatics, and a combination class that includes weight training and water workout. Classes are taught in shallow water as well as deep water. Ability to swim is not necessary; buoyancy belts are provided for individuals on request.
- Ballroom I-Basic skills associated with leading and following are introduced. Dances include Foxtrot, Waltz, Swing, Cha-Cha, and Merengue.
- Ballroom II-More advanced figures in dances than level I. Dances include the Tango, Rhumba, Polka, Mambo, and Disco.
- Country Western-Basic steps are introduced for the Texas two-step, Country Waltz, Shuffle, and Cha-Cha. Various line and circle dances are also introduced.
- Hand Dancing-Basic steps are introduced, turns, start, release and not release turns, wraps, swings, along with history and etiquette.
Other classes available: Bowling, Walking, and Hiking.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)