INT-2300 Windows Desktop Operating System
Students will learn basic Windows Desktop Operating System (OS) installation, configuration and administration. Topics covered include installing/configuring Windows Desktop Operating System, print services, NTFS file, folders and share permissions, hexadecimal, binary and decimal number conversion, folder sharing, remote control, create and manage local users and groups, troubleshooting Windows desktop OS, network protocol implementation, and basic system security.
Prerequisite(s): INT-1010 with grade of C or higher or permission of department chair.
2 class/2 lab hours.
- Configure desktop operating systems.
- Configure networking.
- Configure Storage.
- Manage print services.
- Manage local users and groups.
- Manage shared and NTFS file and folder permissions.
- Configure remote management.
- Monitor performance.
- Configure System and Data Recovery.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)