Nov 24, 2020
TED-1300 Methods and Materials in ECE
Focuses on the methods and proper use of materials for effectively teaching young children. Students will plan and implement developmentally appropriate units, lessons, and activities for young children in variety of settings.
Prerequisite(s): Reading proficiency. Students must pass TED-1100 and TED-1200 with grade of C or higher, and students must pass TED-1110 with a grade of B or higher.
Rule: TED-1100 is only required for ECE A.A.S. students. It is recommended that ECE A.A.S. students take TED-1100 and TED-1110 concurrently.
- Identify components of an effective standard lesson plan and write lesson plans using this standard, including behavioral objectives, statement of content, list of materials, set of procedures, and plans for evaluating.
- Plan and implement lessons to enhance development of young children in all content areas.
- Plan a unit that includes lessons in each content area.
- Describe and discuss the implementation of Developmentally Appropriate Practice for children ages birth through eight in all content areas and in the creation of a learning environment.
- Describe the role of play in learning and in the creation of learning activities.
- Identify and implement developmentally appropriate teaching methods for young children.
- Define critical and creative thinking concepts and skills and incorporate these skills/concepts into learning and play.
- Identify and describe assessment for and of learning, and its relationship to lesson planning.
- Plan for, implement, and evaluate a variety of appropriate assessment tools.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)