TED-2115 School Age Child Care: Curriculum and Teaching
This course is an introduction to the curriculum and teaching strategies necessary for developing a quality school age (before and after care) program. Students will plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities or lessons, develop schedules for school age programming, and examine appropriate practices for teaching and guiding behavior in a school age program.
Prerequisite(s): Reading proficiency. TED-1100 , TED-1200 , TED-1300 , and TED-1400 .
Rule: ECE A.A.S. students must also take TED-1100 prior to taking 2000 level courses.
- Describe developmental theories and stages of
- school age children.
- Describe and discuss the implementation of appropriate pedagogical strategies for school age children in all developmental domains and in the creation of a school age program.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current best practices and indicators of quality school age programs and curricula.
- Describe positive and effective guidance techniques to implement with school age children.
- Plan and implement appropriate lessons and activities for school age children within a school age program.
- Design an appropriate school age program schedule.
- Identify appropriate resources, books, and materials for an effective school age program.
- Describe effective communication techniques, which reflect cultural sensitivity, with parents, families, other professionals, and the community.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)