ACC-1040 Computer Accounting with Sage
This course introduces the student to the use of computers to process accounting data. The course provides a hands-on opportunity to use a popular accounting software package to manage accounting information for medium-sized companies. Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to use Sage 50 Accounting software to record and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports. Two types of business organizations are studied; a service business and a merchandising business.
Prerequisite(s): ACC-1000 or ACC-1001
1. Create accounting records for service and merchandising businesses, using commercial accounting software.
2. Apply the procedure for creating back-ups of accounting data.
3. Prepare a company payroll using the automated payroll system.
4. Create adjusting entries.
5. Construct the general ledger.
6. Prepare financial statements.
7. Prepare closing entries for the fiscal year.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)