ACC-2910 Accounting Internship I
In this course, students complete an introductory practical experience in an entry-level position within an Accounting setting under supervision. Students establish essential performance and learning goals and apply course content in a practical setting to achieve internship course goals. Additionally, students reflect on their experience and enhance their professional skills in the workplace. Internships may either be paid (with a minimum of 64 on-site hours) or non-paid (with a minimum of 32 on-site hours), per employer agreement. Internship sites are either selected from placements offered by the College or proposed by the student. NOTE: All placements must be approved by the department chair prior to course registration.
Students must have completed a minimum of 15 credits, 6 of which must be in their respective discipline and meet the program’s requirement for internship eligibility. Students must also meet the department’s requirement for GPA.
Prerequisite(s): Reading Proficiency
1. Formulate performance and learning goals.
2. Demonstrate professional dispositions, appropriate to the internship setting.
3. Apply academic knowledge and skills in the internship setting.
4. Reflect upon the internship experience.
5. Evidence how the performance and learning goals were achieved.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)