BMT-1010 Introduction to Business
This course is a gateway course into the basics of business enterprise, its organization and its role in a free society. Emphasis is placed on business environments, marketing, and the use of technology in business. Students explore economic systems and conditions, the global environment, and components of business, such as corporate and social responsibility. Students are introduced to various components of human resources management such as structure, leadership, motivation, and teaming. Students learn about financial management in terms of assets, liabilities, and equity. (May also be taken as a continuing education course, MGT 585 Introduction to Business.)
Reading Proficiency Required
Formerly Formerly MGT-1010. Students may not receive credit for both MGT-1010 and BMT-1010.
1. Discuss the roles of various stakeholders, such as consumers, employees, and business owners, in all aspects of business
2. Identify the components of business
3. Identify the factors of the global business environment
4. Explain the advantages and disadvantages associated with various forms of business ownership
5. Examine the role of Human Resources Management as it relates to structure, leadership, teaming, and professional development.
6. Match various marketing activities with different types of business organizations
7. Explain the importance of using technology in various forms of business
8. Recognize the relationships among assets, liabilities, and equity.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)