BMT-1620 Financial Planning and Investments
In this course students plan to increase their net worth by building a personal finance portfolio. Emphasis is on liquid asset management and investments such as stocks, bonds, personal property, etc. Additionally, students explore how financial planning impacts tax liability. Furthermore, students examine different types of insurance policies related to life, health, and home. Lastly, students study retirement planning and the components of estate planning.
Reading Proficiency Required
Formerly Formerly offered as MGT-1620. Students may not receive credit for both MGT- 1620 and BMT-1620.
1. Examine the aspects of personal financial planning.
2. Explain how personal financial planning affects tax liability.
3. Determine personal health, life, and property insurance needs.
4. Examine characteristics of various investment tools for personal financial planning.
5. Examine components of retirement planning.
6. Identify the financial and legal aspects of estate planning.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)