Jul 23, 2018
Associate of Applied Science | MKTG.AAS | Career Program
Visit Bladen Hall, Room 210 or call 301-546-0080 for your faculty advisor
The Marketing Management program helps students develop the methods, tools, techniques, and management skills needed for success in marketing, which involves the distribution of goods and services. These skills have broad applications in private organizations as well as in government and nonprofit organizations. Graduates may get jobs in retailing, inventory control, transportation, warehousing, advertising, or selling. The courses required for the Marketing Management Certificate may be applied to the Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree in Marketing Management.
Graduates of the Marketing Management A.A.S. will be able to:
- Describe the role of marketing in organizations and its effect on organizational growth
- Analyze an organization’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats from a marketing perspective
- Utilize marketing information to make informed decisions about marketing strategies
- Identify core concepts of marketing and the role of marketing in business and society
- Analyze how social, legal, ethical, and technological forces will impact marketing decision-making
- Evaluate the effectiveness of an integrated marketing communications plan
General Education Courses
The list of general education courses appears in the General Education List . Some programs recommend or require specific courses to fulfill general education requirements. Please check your program’s sequence of study for this information.
Program Electives - choose two from the following:
Sequence of Study - Marketing Management A.A.S.
Below are the required courses for your program arranged in a suggested sequence. Please note that the sequence does not include developmental coursework. See Academic Preparation for the developmental course sequence if applicable to you.
Program Total: 60 Credits
Asterisk (*) denotes a general education course.
Double asterisk (**) denotes a course that is an institutional requirement.
Triple asterisk (***) denotes a course that satisfies the culminating experience requirement for A.A.S. programs.
Credit earned at any public institution in the state shall be transferable to any other institution if the:
- Credit is from a college or university parallel course or program;
- Grades in the block of courses transferred average 2.00 or higher; and
- Acceptance of the credit is consistent with the policies of the receiving institution governing students following the same program. Refer to ARTSYS at artweb.usmd.edu and the receiving institution’s catalog to select transferable courses.