Apr 10, 2021
Associate of Applied Science | BMGT.RPM.AAS | Career Program
Visit Bladen Hall, Room 210 or call 301-546-0080 for your faculty advisor
The Residential Property Management Program was developed at the request of and in cooperation with the Apartment and Office Building Association (AOBA) property managers. Individuals who complete the Residential Property Management Option of the Business Management Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree will have a well-rounded business education that will qualify them for employment as residential property managers. Individuals who complete the Residential Property Management Certificate will have a basic understanding of residential property management components.
Graduates of the Residential Property Management Option will be able to:
- Explain the essential characteristics and functions of property leasing, forms of ownership, property operations, attracting tenants, and resident policies
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and implement maintenance systems for residential properties
- Develop effective maintenance plans for residential properties, including inspections, budgeting, energy management, and customer service policies
- Explain the relevant government codes and regulations and how they can be met
- Develop security plans for various residential properties
- Develop budgets and financial plans for residential properties
General Education Courses
The list of general education courses appears in the General Education List . Some programs recommend or require specific courses to fulfill general education requirements. Please check your program’s sequence of study for this information.
Credit earned at any public institution in the state shall be transferable to any other institution if the:
- Credit is from a college or university parallel course or program;
- Grades in the block of courses transferred average 2.00 or higher; and
- Acceptance of the credit is consistent with the policies of the receiving institution governing students following the same program. Refer to ARTSYS at artweb.usmd.edu and the receiving institution’s catalog to select transferable courses.
Sequence of Study - Residential Property Management A.A.S.
Below are the required courses for your program arranged in a suggested sequence. Please note that the sequence does not include developmental coursework. See Academic Preparation for the developmental course sequence if applicable to you.
Program Total: 60 Credits
Asterisk (*) denotes a general education course.
Double asterisk (**) denotes a course that is an institutional requirement.
Triple asterisk (***) denotes a course that satisfies the culminating experience requirement for A.A.S. programs.