ART-2920 Visual Communication Internship II
In this course, students complete an intermediate practical experience at an entry-level position in a Visual Communication setting, under supervision. Students establish several intermediate performance and learning goals and apply course content in a practical setting to achieve these goals. Additionally, students reflect on their experience and select artifacts that illustrate their internship and/or academic experience. Lastly, students enhance their professional skills in the workplace. Internships can be paid (with a minimum of 128 on-site hours) or nonpaid (with a minimum of 64 on-site hours). Internship sites may be selected from placements offered by the College or proposed by the student. All placements must be approved by the department chair prior to course registration.
Students must have completed a minimum of 15 credits, 6 of which must be in their respective discipline and meet the program’s requirement for internship eligibility. Students must also meet the department’s requirement for GPA.
1. Formulate performance and learning goals.
2. Demonstrate professional dispositions, appropriate to the internship setting.
3. Apply academic knowledge and skills in the internship setting.
4. Reflect on the internship experience.
5. Select artifacts that illustrate the internship and/or academic experience.
6. Evaluate how the performance and learning goals were achieved.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)