BMT-1900 Introduction to Public Administration
This survey course illuminates the roles and responsibilities of public administration, its principles, and current issues such as laws and reform. Emphasis is placed on the role of government organizations in society. Subtopics include managing human resources in the public sector and the role of the manager in the ever-changing and dynamic public sector.
Prerequisite(s): Reading readiness
Formerly Formerly offered as MGT-1900. Students may not receive credit for both MGT- 1900 and BMT-1900.
1. Examine the public administration environment.
2. Differentiate among the various forms of government: local, state and federal.
3. Examine ways to manage human resources in the public sector.
4. Analyze critical issues in public administration, such as laws and reform.
5. Describe the role of managers in the public sector.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)