TED-2802 Assessment of Reading
Students will expand their understanding of appropriate assessment practices and apply these practices to literacy assessment. Students will learn a variety of assessment tools and techniques for the elementary classroom. For each type of assessment presented, students learn administrative procedures, explore strengths and limitations of the instrument or technique, and practice developing instructional implications from results. This course is intended for those persons who have a bachelor’s degree and are seeking initial teacher certification and for teachers seeking recertification.
Prerequisite(s): Departmental permission required.
Formerly (EDU 2120)
- Identify purposes and audiences for literacy assessments.
- Use a variety of formal and informal strategies for assessing reading and writing performance.
- Evaluate an assessment tool for a specific literacy purpose.
- Interpret assessment results and make effective instructional decisions related to literacy.
- Develop a student and classroom profile.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)