Feb 26, 2024
The Theatre Performance Associates of Arts (A.A.) degree is for students interested in developing their performance skills to enter the field of Performing Arts and Entertainment Technology as a performer or actor. Through a structured curriculum comprised of both classroom, workshop, and stage experiences this program provides students authentic performance opportunities. Also, students will develop critical thinking skills with a focus on Performing Arts and Entertainment Technology while pursuing additional studies in areas including Math, Social Sciences, Science, and English. There is a particular emphasis in this program on how the arts can further assist in socially progressive ideas. This program has been designed to transfer to a four-year institution so students may further their studies to advance their performance skills.
Graduates of this Theatre Performance conventration will be able to:
- Examine the potential for progressive social change through the Performing Arts and Entertainment Technology
- Classify the roles of the personnel and their functions found in the Performing Arts and Entertainment Technology
- Perform acting methods, script analysis, movement, voice, and diction techniques
- Perform techniques and supplemental skills sets required of performers
- Evaluate past, current, and emerging trends regarding the Performing Arts and Entertainment Technology
- Apply vocabulary unique to the Performing Arts and Entertainment Technology
Required Courses (in expected order)
Program Total: 60 Credits
Credit earned at any public institution in the state shall be transferable to any other institution if the:
- Credit is from a college or university parallel course or program;
- Grades in the block of courses transferred average 2.00 or higher; and
- Acceptance of the credit is consistent with the policies of the receiving institution governing students following the same program. Refer to ARTSYS at artweb.usmd.edu and the receiving institution’s catalog to select transferable courses.