Feb 26, 2024
The Certificate in Theatre Performance is specifically designed for students interested in developing their performance skills as a performer or actor. Through a structured curriculum comprised of classroom, workshop, and stage experiences, this program provides authentic performance opportunities. There is a particular emphasis in the program on how the arts can further assist in developing socially progressive ideas through performance and acting.
Graduates of the Theatre Performance Certificate Program will be able to:
- Examine the potential for progressive social change through the Performing Arts and Entertainment Technology
- Classify the roles of the personnel and their functions found in the Performing Arts and Entertainment Technology
- Perform acting methods, script analysis, movement, voice, and diction techniques
- Perform techniques and supplemental skills sets required of performers
- Evaluate past, current, and emerging trends regarding the Performing Arts and Entertainment Technology
- Apply vocabulary unique to the Performing Arts and Entertainment Technology
Sequence of Study - Theatre Performance
Required Courses (in expected order)
Program Total: 25 Credits
Credit earned at any public institution in the state shall be transferable to any other institution if the:
- Credit is from a college or university parallel course or program;
- Grades in the block of courses transferred average 2.00 or higher; and
- Acceptance of the credit is consistent with the policies of the receiving institution governing students following the same program. Refer to ARTSYS at artweb.usmd.edu and the receiving institution’s catalog to select transferable courses.