Jul 07, 2020
INT-2540 Computer Hardware II: A+
Installing and configuring operating systems including Windows, iOS, Android, Apple OS X and Linux. It also addresses security, the fundamentals of cloud computing and operational procedures. Students will have to study beyond this course to adequately prepare for the A+ certification.
3 class/2 lab hours.
(Not offered summer.)
- Compare various features and requirements of Microsoft Operating Systems, Mac OS and Linux
- Identify the best method to install Windows PC operating systems
- Analyze Windows networking operating system components as it relates to a client/desktop workstation
- Analyze client-side virtualization techniques
- Compare basic cloud concepts
- Evaluate basic mobile device network connectivity and email
- Evaluate common security threats and vulnerabilities
- Evaluate the security best practices to secure a workstation
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)