ACC-2210 Federal Income Tax
This course presents an overview of the study of federal taxation for individuals and related entities. Key topics include the history and evolution of taxation in the United States, tax compliance, the Internal Revenue Service, and other taxing authorities. The course addresses research and application of the tax code, underlying tax concepts, tax calculations, tax procedures and tax forms. Course content includes an overview of tax legislation, court rulings, tax planning and related limitations.
1. Explain the U.S. tax structure and basic tax terminology.
2. Describe major types of U.S. taxes.
3. Apply basic tax formula to determine tax liabilities using tax tables and tax rate schedules.
4. Apply rules related to personal and dependency exemptions, gross income, and exclusions to gross income.
5. Calculate tax credits and tax payments.
6. Describe basic tax planning considerations.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)