BIO-2930 Biology Internship III
In this course, students complete a comprehensive practical experience at an entry-level position in a biological setting under supervision. Students establish various performance and learning goals and apply course content in a practical setting to achieve these goals. Additionally, students enhance their professional skills in the workplace. Students create a professional portfolio to document their internship and/or academic experience. Internships can be paid (with a minimum of 192 on-site hours) or nonpaid (with a minimum of 96 on-site hours). Internship sites may be selected from placements offered by the College or proposed by the student. All placements must be approved by the department chair prior to course registration.
Students must have completed a minimum of 15 credits, 6 of which must be in their respective discipline and meet the program’s requirement for internship eligibility. Students must also meet the department’s requirement for GPA.
Prerequisite(s): Completion of a minimum of 15 credits, including 6 credits in biology. Student must have a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Formulate various performance and learning goals.
- Demonstrate professional dispositions, appropriate to the internship setting.
- Apply academic knowledge and skills into the internship setting.
- Evaluate how the performance and learning goals were achieved.
- Create a professional portfolio to document the internship and/or academic experience
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)